BMI Calculator – Calculate Your Body Mass Index and Health Status
Maintaining a healthy weight is crucial for overall health and well-being. Your body mass index (BMI) is a measure of body fat based on your height and weight. Use our BMI calculator to determine your BMI and assess your health status.
How to use the BMI calculator ?
Using our BMI calculator is easy. Simply enter your height and weight in either metric or imperial units, and select the appropriate option for adults, children, or teens. Click “Calculate” to get your BMI.
What your BMI means ?
BMI is a measure of body fat, but it’s not a perfect indicator of health. There are different categories of BMI ranges, and each range corresponds to a different level of health risk. Here are the general categories:
- BMI less than 18.5: Underweight
- BMI between 18.5 and 24.9: Normal weight
- BMI between 25 and 29.9: Overweight
- BMI between 30 and 34.9: Class I obesity
- BMI between 35 and 39.9: Class II obesity
- BMI of 40 or higher: Class III obesity
If your BMI falls within the overweight or obese category, it’s important to take action to improve your health. Being overweight or obese can increase the risk of a range of health problems, including heart disease, diabetes, and certain cancers.
Tips for maintaining a healthy weight
Maintaining a healthy weight is important for overall health and well-being. Here are some tips for maintaining a healthy weight:
- Eat a balanced diet that includes a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins.
- Limit your intake of processed and high-fat foods, sugary drinks, and alcohol.
- Get regular physical activity, such as brisk walking, cycling, or swimming, for at least 30 minutes a day.
- Manage stress through relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing or meditation.
- Get enough sleep each night to help regulate your appetite and metabolism.
Frequently asked questions
Is BMI an accurate measure of health?
While BMI is a widely used measure of body fat, it’s not perfect. BMI does not take into account factors such as muscle mass, bone density, and overall body composition. For some people, such as athletes or those with a muscular build, BMI may not be an accurate indicator of health.
What is a healthy BMI range?
A healthy BMI range for adults is generally considered to be between 18.5 and 24.9. However, BMI ranges can vary depending on factors such as age, gender, and ethnicity.
Can BMI be inaccurate for children and teens?
BMI ranges for children and teens are calculated differently than those for adults, and can vary based on age and gender. It’s important to talk to a healthcare provider for guidance on assessing a child’s BMI and overall health status.
To know more about about BMI , click here
Enter your weight (in kg):
Enter your height (in meters):