As of 2023, linking your PAN card and Aadhaar card is mandatory for all Indian citizens. The Indian government made this linkage mandatory to curb tax evasion and ensure transparency in financial transactions. In this post, we will discuss the importance of linking PAN card and Aadhaar card and how to do it.
Table of Contents
Why is linking PAN card and Aadhaar card important?
Linking PAN card and Aadhaar card is essential to comply with the government’s tax regulations. It helps in curbing tax evasion and ensures transparency in financial transactions. Linking both cards will also help in avoiding duplication of PAN card and prevent fraudulent activities.
How to Check Aadhar Card Pan Card Link Status 2023
- Government has fixed June 30, 2023 as the last date to link/add Aadhaar card and PAN card.
- Citizens who have not yet linked their Aadhaar card with PAN link can do so online immediately.
- To link Aadhaar card with PAN card or to check its status, the candidate has to enter his Aadhaar card number and PAN card number on the said portal, after that it will appear in the portal whether your Aadhaar card and PAN card are linked or not.
How to link PAN card and Aadhaar card?
The process of linking PAN card and Aadhaar card is simple and can be done online or offline. https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/pre-login/bl-link-aadhaar
- Linking PAN card with Aadhaar card is very easy and online.
- Citizens whose PAN card is not linked with Aadhaar card should first check their status online. After that if there is no link then follow some simple steps.
- Step 1 : The candidate has to open the income tax portal www.incometax.gov.in, in that he will get the option of “Link Aadhaar” and click on it.
- Step 2 : After that you have to enter your Pan card number and Aadhaar card number.
- Step 3 : In the next step, the candidate will have to enter his mobile number and a one time password will also be received on the same number.
- Step 4 : After the completion of the verification step, Select AY as 2023-24 and Type of Payment – as other Receipts (500) the Citizen has to pay a fee of Rs.1000.
- Step 5 : After the payment Download the Receipt
- Step 6 : After 4 to 5 working days of payment, you will have to login again and follow the same procedure but this time the payment will not have to be done.
- Step 7 : After the process is complete, you will have to wait for a few days, the details will match with UIDAI and if everything is your match, then your Aadhaar card will be linked to the PAN card, you can also check the status from time to time.
- Visit the nearest PAN service center or Aadhaar enrollment center.
- Fill the “Annexure-I” form, which is available on the Income Tax Department’s website.
- Submit the form along with a photocopy of your PAN card and Aadhaar card to the center.
- Your PAN card and Aadhaar card will be linked.
In conclusion, linking PAN card and Aadhaar card is a crucial step towards complying with the government’s tax regulations. It helps in curbing tax evasion and ensures transparency in financial transactions. The process of linking both cards is straightforward, and Indian citizens should link them at the earliest to avoid any inconvenience.
Frequently asked questions ?
Is it mandatory for everyone to link PAN card with Aadhaar card?
Will there be any fee for linking PAN card with Aadhaar card?
Absolutely everyone will have to pay a fee of Rs.1000/-.
What is the last date to link PAN card with Aadhaar card?
30 June 2023
Those whose Aadhaar card PAN card is already linked, they also have to pay the fee?