Table of Contents
Up Samuhik Vivah Yojana is a social welfare scheme launched by the Government of Uttar Pradesh in India to give fiscal backing for the marriage of economically weaker sections of the society. The scheme was introduced in the time 2016 with the end of promoting social harmony, reducing the fiscal burden on families and icing that every existent has equal access to openings. Under this scheme, the government provides fiscal backing to eligible families to help them conduct their children’s marriage in a staid and regardful manner. The scheme has been successful in bringing about a positive change in the lives of numerous families in Uttar Pradesh.
1.The scheme is applicable only to residers of Uttar Pradesh.
2.The bridegroom and bachelor must belong to economically weaker sections of the society.
3.The bridegroom’s age should be over 18 times and the bachelor’s age should be above 21 times.
4.The bridegroom and bachelor shouldn’t be related to each other.
5.The marriage should be praised as per the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, or any other applicable law.
6.The periodic income of the bridegroom’s family shouldn’t exceed Rs. 56,460 and the periodic income of the bachelor’s family shouldn’t exceed
7.The bridegroom and bachelor shouldn’t have profited of any other government scheme for the marriage.
8.The operation for the scheme should be submitted at least 30 days prior to the marriage date.
- Visit the official website of Up Samuhik Vivah Yojana or the nearest CSC (Common Service Centre) to obtain the application form.
- Fill in the necessary details such as name, address, age, income, etc. in the application form.
- Attach the required documents such as Aadhaar card, income certificate, age proof, etc. with the application form.
- Submit the application form along with the documents to the concerned authorities.
- Once the application is verified and approved, the financial assistance will be provided to the eligible families through their bank accounts.
- The financial assistance provided under the scheme is Rs. 51,000 for each marriage.
Fiscal backing :The scheme provides fiscal backing ofRs. 51,000 to eligible families to help them conduct their children’s marriage in a staid and regardful manner.
Social Welfare :The scheme aims to promote social weal and harmony by furnishing backing to economically weaker sections of the society for the marriage of their children.
Reduced Financial Burden : The scheme reduces the fiscal burden on families who are unfit to bear the charges of marriage due to their profitable condition.
Equal Access to openings :The scheme ensures that every existent has equal access to openings and isn’t deprived of marriage due to fiscal constraints.
commission of Women :The scheme promotes the commission of women by icing that they can get married without facing any fiscal walls.
Boost to Original Frugality : The scheme provides a boost to the original frugality as it encourages families to spend plutocrat on marriage- related charges, which can induce employment and business openings.
- Financial Relief: The scheme has provided financial relief to many economically weaker families by covering a significant portion of their marriage-related expenses. This has helped families avoid debt and financial distress.
- Social Empowerment: The scheme has empowered women and their families by providing them with financial assistance to conduct marriage ceremonies without facing any financial burden.
- Boost to Local Economy: The scheme has led to a boost in the local economy as families spend money on marriage-related expenses. This has created employment and business opportunities for local vendors and service providers.
- Reduced Child Marriages: The scheme has led to a reduction in child marriages as families are no longer forced to marry off their children at a young age due to financial constraints.
- Promotion of Gender Equality: The scheme has promoted gender equality by providing financial assistance to both the bride and the groom’s families, regardless of gender.
- Increased Participation in Social Welfare Schemes: The scheme has also led to increased participation in other social welfare schemes as families are made aware of such schemes through the application process.
Up Samuhik Vivah Yojana has been a significant initiative by the government of Uttar Pradesh to provide financial assistance to families in need during marriage ceremonies. The scheme has helped many economically weaker families to conduct marriage ceremonies without facing any financial burden, thus promoting social welfare and gender equality.
While the scheme has faced some challenges in terms of limited coverage, lack of awareness, implementation issues, verification process, limited budget, and misuse of funds, the government can address these challenges and improve the scheme’s implementation to ensure that it reaches the intended beneficiaries effectively.
What is Up Samuhik Vivah Yojana?
Up Samuhik Vivah Yojana is a scheme launched by the government of Uttar Pradesh to provide financial assistance to families belonging to economically weaker sections of society to conduct marriage ceremonies.
Who is eligible for the scheme?
Families belonging to the economically weaker sections of society, whose annual income is less than INR 56,460, are eligible for the scheme.
What is the application process for the scheme?
The application process for the scheme involves submitting an application form along with the necessary documents to the concerned authorities. The application can be submitted online or offline.
What is the impact of the scheme?
The scheme has had a positive impact on economically weaker families by providing them with financial assistance to conduct marriage ceremonies, thus promoting social welfare and gender equality.